Blogger Clogger's Fog Blog
Happy Halloween everyone!
Today's thought is whether the media we want is the same as the media we need. If you read my last post then you already know I'm not much a fan of this question based on how open ended the answers will be. There will, likely, never be a definitive answer and so the question is trying. Is it still worth asking?
I...guess?
To be perfectly honest, if I get a good dose of politics or economics, it'll be due to a miss click on Reddit.com. Those two topics don't interest me much and I'm hazey on almost every one of their details but I can't deny they effect me.
So why don't I watch TV for my media? Because more than ever TV has devolved into either news or reality TV and as Adelina Ferati stated, "Shows such as “Keeping up with the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Real House Wives of Vancouver. etc.” are all meant to show viewer the real life of living a rich life, but it fails to show the actual reality". Stating clearly that the majority of TV wanting to show us reality, in fact, shows falsity.
So why don't I watch TV for my media? Because more than ever TV has devolved into either news or reality TV and as Adelina Ferati stated, "Shows such as “Keeping up with the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Real House Wives of Vancouver. etc.” are all meant to show viewer the real life of living a rich life, but it fails to show the actual reality". Stating clearly that the majority of TV wanting to show us reality, in fact, shows falsity.
An
important distinction here is that you have media and then the media.
While viewing the question from the view that we're talking
about the media
the answer breaks down into negative discussion immediately about how
the media is against us. One example of this is brought to us by Tori
Gligic who poignantly summarizes her blog in her final line, "The
media wants as much attention as possible and will continue to
produce what they know we will want to see". While not
immediately concealed in negativity, the line and blog post gives the
idea that the media is force feeding us filth in order to fatten us
up for what I can only assume are diabolical ends.
Personally my most cherished form of media comes from personal interaction and it's where I get my culture, news and social...ness? It's a form not widely recognized by the public but dearly needed all the same and I think of it as a media and not the media. Because of how simple it is to talk to a person, the information gained comes pretty easily but then again...
...is it really that easy to talk to those around us?
(thechive.com)
Face to face discourse seems so simple until you try and use your mouth. It's then that everything becomes cloudy and the fear of interaction kicks in. Everyone sits in rapt awkardity (<--- made up word) and the world becomes menacing as low lying clouds turn everyone into Jack the Ripper's silhouette. From this viewpoint most would choose not to make use of this vital form of media due to this fear of who that stranger could be. While this takes a glib view of the matter the subtext lingers.
(bloody-disgusting.com)
I don't know this person so that means they're a serial killer
Alright, a bit extreme, I concur but when was the last time you struck up a conversation with a stranger simply cause you didn't want to waste the beauty of language on silence.
Face to face media? Give it a try; it may catch on one of these days.


No comments:
Post a Comment